Friday, July 18, 2008

Phil Mickelson sucks

Ok, Gordon and Deng are screwed, so I’m waiting for Paxson to outbid himself any day now. Five years, $45 mil for Deng, three years $15 mil for Gordon. Screw them if their agents haven’t figured out that non-star players get screwed under the new CBA.

Dumars is on the verge of blowing up the Pistons, he knows they can’t compete with Boston and has to shake things up. The rumor that makes the most sense is trading Sheed. The Bratwurst has a trade in mind –

If Hammond pulls off a big deal for a power player (such as the Rasheed Wallace-Desmond Mason, Charlie V and Bell trade I’ve mentioned in the past) then it makes sense.

Which would make Milwaukee a 3-5 seed in my mind. No way Dumars does that deal though. Feels like something is gonna happen with the Bucks, no way Skiles plays Villy and now they have a log jam at the point with Mo Williams, Lue and Sessions.

Why don’t the Bucks try to swap Mo Williams for Haslem?

How about Hinrich for Haslem and then send Gooden to Milwaukee for Mason (expirer ) and a #1. The Bulls gain some cap space and add a solid 4 with a ring to the mix.

If the Bulls start Hinrich at the 2 next year I going to be pissed. How many starting two guards in the league can’t touch the rim? Another year of Hinrich being overmatched by guarding guys who have 3 inches and 40 pounds will be as fun as watching Obama punk McCain all summer and fall. Trade him!

Riles has got to move Haslem for a pg soon. Hinrich, Wade, Beasley, Marion and a center to be named later is a pretty damn good antidote to what the Celtics got.

p.s. Oh man, what a win by the Dawgs last nite. BenGo pitches a complete game and goes 6 for 6 at the plate.

Me thinks we need a Cookout to celebrate.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"three years $15 mil for Gordon"

Gordon makes more on the Qualifying Offer. Though I guess at least the Bulls would've showed Gordon and his agent what's what!

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to see Rasheed Wallace playing for Scott Skiles. One of them may not make it out of Milwaukee alive.

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just want to point out that you sort of misquoted me -- I wasn't saying that the Bucks-Pistons trade I proposed was something that is likely to happen, I was just using that as an example of the sort of deal for an established power forward that I think John Hammond is trying to pull off (since he traded away Yi and ignored the position in the draft).

By "it makes sense", I meant that if they trade Mo Williams or Charlie Bell in a deal for a power forward, then signing Tyronn Lue makes sense.

No big deal.

9:05 PM  
Blogger CoachSkiles said...

My bad, I didn't provide enough of the context from your post.

As you said, I think we agree that the Lue signing makes it seem like a bigger deal is in the offing.

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home