Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Draft Day Dreams (and Nightmares)

So Chad Ford has a Draft Day Lottery Generator up (it's No. 8 on the linked Daily Dime) and, uh, I hope it's wrong. I tried it 10 times: Julian Wright (who doesn't sound like he's even going pro) came up once with the third pick. The other nine times it was Josh McRoberts with either the 11th or 12th pick. I just don't see how he helps this team at all, in any way, shape or form. I mean, bitch looks like he might start crying if he had to carry too many bags (although I suppose whooping his ass everyday in practice might boost T2's confidence). But if anyone disagrees, I suppose I'm open to argumentation.

They've also got two fairly high picks in the second round. I'm hoping that with one of them they go with Loyola's Blake Schilb. My roommate works for Loyola so I've gone to a bunch of their games and this kid can definitely play. In a lot of ways he's similar to Thabo--a great passer with a good outside shot, probably not as quick, but stronger in the post and with a better handle as well. It seems to me point forwards are a pretty rare breed who can add a lot of flexibility to your lineup. If you can get a true one (which Schilb is) in the 2nd round, I think it's a mistake not to. Any other players under the radar that y'all think could be a late round steal?

5 Comments:

Blogger Big Sweet said...

I know BenGo would love T. Green for some backup PG help. But if we stay in the SEC, I'd like to see Davidson hang around until our picks. And screw the haters; Jared Dudley is going to make some NBA team extremely happy.

12:39 AM  
Blogger BenGo07 said...

You know another option if the Knicks pick is low and there aren't any jaw-dropping bigs available would be Acie Law. Nice-sized for a PG and dude is one of the most clutch shooters I've ever seen. I know we've got Ben, but Law is equally icy.

1:06 AM  
Blogger CoachSkiles said...

Visser from Wake Forest is decent; he's projected going as the first pick in the second round by Draft Express. It's all about Horford to me.

Players I don't want: McRoberts, Gray from Pitt, Hansborough, that Chinese dude.

I'd be down for getting the best player available if the Knicks pick in the 10-ish range. So if that means Law, he does seem fucking clutch and I'm excited to see him in the tourney, then we
need to be willing to move Du or Thabo when we go after KG this offseason.

3:54 PM  
Blogger BenGo07 said...

I think we're all agreed that Horford is the man. He still needs to work on his outside shot, but his post game is improving by leaps and bounds. But unless we defy the odds and somehow sneak into the top 3, I just don't see it happening. His stock is rising and I think a lot of people are beginning to realize that he's a safer bet than Noah, whose post game has seemed pretty stagnant this year, with most of his points coming from dunks that just aren't going to be there as often at the next level.

6:23 PM  
Blogger 柯云 said...

2015-12-24keyun
true religion jeans outlet
michael kors outlet clearance
mont blanc mountain
uggs on sale
abercrombie & fitch
ugg australia
ugg boots outlet
abercrombie
rolex watches
cheap toms
cheap toms
the north face jackets
michael kors outlet online
cheap air jordans
uggs for women
ugg boots
uggs for sale
uggs on sale
ugg australia
abercrombie
nike running shoes for men
ugg boots
coach outlet online
prada handbags
coach outlet
hollister uk
official coach factory outlet
retro 11
ugg boots sale
ugg australia
ugg slippers
louis vuitton bags
uggs outlet
adidas originals store
michael kors outlet
ray ban sunglasses
christian louboutin outlet
louis vuitton outlet stores
cheap oakley sunglasses
ugg outlet

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home