Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The Three Guard Lineup

Rooting for this Bulls team is like being a coke addict: The highs are really high, but the lows are really, really low.

After last night's loss, I'm so down in the dumps I find myself agreeing with Sam Smith, particularly this:

Skiles referred to his players as having the "thousand-yard stare" of a tired team. But it could be a team tired of finishing most games with three guards and no one taller than 6 feet 10 inches.


Anyway, I was planning a bigger post on this, but Matt beat me to the punch. If for some reason you haven't already, read him. It's really very, very good. The only thing I'd add is that this lineup is particularly maddening in that it's used pretty much exclusively for the crunch time of fourth quarters. As Big Sweet said to me yesterday while we were watching the game, "If Skiles actually thinks this is our best lineup, why doesn't he use it at any other time?"

1 Comments:

Blogger Eddie Basden said...

i still think that eddie basden should have found a spot on the bulls roster last year, for this very reason. he is a decently sized guard who can defend. on a side note, big sweet should get isiah to post on the blog while he is spending time in nyc.

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home