Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Jim Boylan Fan Club Continues To Seek First Member

From Marc Stein's Weekend Dime.
The story, as I hear it from one team insider, is that Thomas recently had witnessed heated confrontations between Bulls coach Jim Boylan and two of Chicago's more veteran players -- Ben Gordon and Kirk Hinrich -- that wound up pitting multiple players against the coaching staff. I'm also told that Thomas figured he was heading for a similarly nasty blowup of his own with Boylan but that he also concluded that the punishment for an argument with Boylan would be a lot steeper than what Gordon or Hinrich faced, given where he stands in the Bulls' pecking order and the growing stress of a tension-drenched season.
So the players don't like the fiercely stupid rotations? I guess things could be worse. Management and the coaching staff could be passing the buck and blaming players for not possessing the right intangibles to execute their brilliant plans. Oops.

Unlike Nocioni's history of +/- woes, I can't easily determine what's wrong. It's tough to figure out what leads to losing more: not playing the best players, or the best players not playing very well. It's probably both, and I hope I'm not ripping off AOL's Dean of Sports Blog Logic when I say the coaching problems are a lot easier to fix. (Stein came to the same conclusion. It's the new lowpost scorer!)

3 Comments:

Blogger Big Sweet said...

Preach it.

12:40 PM  
Blogger T Dizzle said...

I am hoping that this guy is launched during half time of the final game of the year. He is just in over his head

11:10 AM  
Blogger T Dizzle said...

I am hoping that this guy is launched during half time of the final game of the year. He is just in over his head

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home