Tuesday, November 06, 2007

0-4 Hatred: Special "Cat" Edition

(With apologies to The Weblog's Tuesday Institution.)

I hate Cuttino Mobley.

I hate Scott Skiles. Specifically, I hate how Scott Skiles deals with Tyrus Thomas. He makes one mistake on defense in the third quarter, failing to stay with a man after a switch, and Skiles decides to bench him for the rest of the game. I hate that the result of this decision is that he rode Joe Smith until he was out of gas at crunchtime, when the game was lost. But I'm sure it taught Tyrus a "valuable lesson." I hate valuable lessons.

I hate Scott Skiles' rotation at the start of the fourth. I hate that "rotation" doesn't describe it because, a minute in, I could forsee that it was set in stone and that Skiles was going to ride Noah, Smith, Deng, Thabo and Duhon as long as he could because they were doing just a little bit more than simply treading water. I hate how very few coaches but Skiles would keep three of the worse offensive guys on their team on the floor for the first six minutes of the final quarter, simply because they were "battling." I hate battling.

I don't hate Joakim Noah, but I do hate his jumpshot. If I don't see it again this year, it will still be too soon.

I hate Ben Wallace, although maybe I should just hate his injured ankle. Either way, I hate how he can't finish strong at the rim anymore. Really, the word "hate" isn't even strong enough to describe what I felt for him after that blown layup late in the second quarter. I hated that.

Tell me, readers: What do you hate?

7 Comments:

Blogger Hot Shit College Student said...

I hate the Blogger user interface. I've been editing an accidentally posted blog posting for an hour. I was doing this because I hate terrible basketball games.

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate Scott Skiles' rotation at the start of the fourth. I hate that "rotation" doesn't describe it because, a minute in, I could forsee that it was set in stone and that Skiles was going to ride Noah, Smith, Deng, Thabo and Duhon as long as he could because they were doing just a little bit more than simply treading water.

I hate that I missed that as a part of my random post-game thoughts. I was thinking the exact same thing. Skiles hates leads.

11:49 PM  
Blogger BenGo07 said...

I hate that I forgot to post that I hate Duhon. Specifically, I hate that he repeatedly failed to recognize that the Clips kept switching men on he and Deng, which repeatedly left Deng in absolutely phenomenal post position against Sam Cassell. I hate that Duhon's lack of recognition of this fact meant he didn't pass the ball to Deng, which cost us at least two easy layups.

12:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate the Bulls are 0-4 and hate that I'm beginning to doubt this team.

5:57 AM  
Blogger mrberg said...

I hate Kendall Gill in the studio. Did anyone else hear him mention that the Clippers went to the Conference finals? Or how about "if you let Joe Smith play more, he will give you more minutes"?

He was a Bull for all of one season, what is he doing in the studio?

8:14 AM  
Blogger iwatchthenba said...

I hate: the Bulls, Cavs, Lakers, Kobe, people that walk real slow, coaches that are also GM's, soggy french fries, and people that complain to much about stuff they hate.

10:59 AM  
Blogger chris said...

I hate that Deng played the entire fourth quarter, yet he only had one field goal attempt.

It doesn't matter if the fault lies with Luol for not being aggressive or if the fault lies with his teammates for not finding him. It's simply inexcusable.

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home