Thursday, April 10, 2008

Noah Fills The Skiles Cliché Void

"Blah-blah-blah," said the rookie. I am so relieved. Adrian Griffin and Ben Wallace are in their rocking chairs congratulating themselves for sitting on Noah earlier this season, and incubating a leader.

Never fear, Jim Boylan fans, he chimed in too. When a coach gives an unrestrained and wild assessment like, "I would consider him probably somewhere in the top five or six rookies this season," you know there's something special happening in Chicago.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not sure I get it: If Wallace successfully muzzled Noah, then why is Noah still so outspoken? I suppose he is giving mostly cliches, but I don't expect him to say 'we've all quit because we have no faith in the coaching staff' either.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Hot Shit College Student said...

That was in regards to Skiles' 'it was all part of my genius plan' comments about Thomas finally getting some minutes and playing well at the end of last season. Before being buried in the playoffs.

K.C.'s praise of Noah was just a little much for me. JoNo has been telling it like it is all season. What was K.C. waiting for?

Sidenote: If you read the actual paper version, you'll notice the monster photograph of Thomas not blocking a layup, on a 5 block night. What the heck?

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I'm sure the caption said "... gets the layup over who will be shopped"

1:14 PM  
Blogger Hot Shit College Student said...

The caption was more along the lines of, "Keith Bogans eludes Tyrus Thomas," but I'm sure it was only cut short for financial reasons.

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

JoNo, that's a good one.

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home