Friday, September 07, 2007

TGIF! Get Out Yer Slide Rule

Malik Allen will be signing a 1 year, non-guaranteed contract with the Nets (Link from Blogabull). Allen's production, size, and jump shooting ways are comparable to Mikki Moore. The only glaring difference is TS%, but Kidd, Carter, and Jefferson should give Allen plenty of good looks. He might even be the next Mikki Moore. Allen isn't a foul machine like Mikki either.

I doubt Sacramento fans (or any fans) will lament 'missing out' on Malik, but his non-guaranteed contract should make them question what Moore is doing on the Kings when a similar, younger player could have sat on the bench for a fraction of the price.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm surprised the numbers indicate that Moore isn't a substantially better rebounder than Malik. He turns out to be a bit better, but not much.

3:42 PM  
Blogger mrberg said...

Not to mention Malik comes into the season a full two years younger than Moore.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Hot Shit College Student said...

I mentioned the age difference, just not specifically (it's a 3 year difference). I did the lazy thing and just linked to a B-R comparison, and said, "Look at this!" I do regret that.

5:47 PM  
Blogger Hot Shit College Student said...

I gave it some thought, and I don't regret not explaining what rate based stats were similar. It's Malik Allen and Mikki Moore for crying out loud.

Another Bulls blogger didn't bother to go beyond skin color, so I'm still ahead of the game.

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home