Saturday, January 13, 2007

If We Lose Tonight...

...it might be time to start thinking about a deal.

I know they've been playing better since Barone took over (and a healthy Gasol returned), but last night at a bar here in Memphis, I caught some of the 4th quarter in their home game against the T'Wolves. (It was "Faith and Family Night.")

Let's just say I was not impressed. If I had to put my finger on any one thing, it was probably the fact that Brian Cardinal logged some significant crunchtime minutes. (Also, I'm sure I was mistaken, but at one point I could've sworn Popeye Jones was on the floor for the Grizz. He can't still be in the league, can he?)

***UPDATE: Maybe it was Dahntay Jones. I can't tell for sure on the linked pic, but his ears look pretty big. Not Popeye-Jones-big, but not small.

3 Comments:

Blogger Big Sweet said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:13 PM  
Blogger Big Sweet said...

I don't want to be labeled as one of those "real fucking reactionary" blogs, but I'm starting to agree with BenGo. A loss here at home would be unacceptable. Let's hope we get some solid production from Deng and Kirk, get to the free throw line and keep Gasol off the offensive glass.

7:17 PM  
Blogger BenGo07 said...

I guess we needn't have worried. Forty five points, without Wallace, without Noce. Yowzer.

I didn't get to see any of the game last night. At the restaurant I was at in Memphis, the guy looked at me like I was crazy when I asked him if he'd mind switching from the Memphis-Southern Miss game over to the Grizz. Guess I can't blame him.

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home