Thursday, July 19, 2007

Your Chicago Bulls

From the Trib –

… the 2007-08 Bulls team is set. Noah, Aaron Gray and JamesOn Curry will sign their rookie contracts later this week.

That means the roster breaks down as Kirk Hinrich, Ben Gordon, Chris Duhon, Thabo Sefolosha, Adrian Griffin and Curry at guard; Luol Deng, Thomas, Noah, Smith, Khryapa and Nocioni at forward; and Wallace and Gray at center.

"My intention right now is to stay with 14 roster spots filled and maybe go into the season that way," Paxson said.

So I guess that means Marty A. and Barrett are cut loose. Pax also said Noah was almost ready to go and that Gray and Curry would see time in the D-League.

Salaries for ’07-‘08

B. Wallace 15.5
Kirk 11
Noce –8-ish
Joe Smith 5
Gordon 4.9
Ty 3.5
Deng 3.3
Duhon 3.25
Krappy 1.9
Sefo 1.8
Noah 1.8
Griff 1.6
Gray 500K-ish
Curry 500K-ish

62.5 million.

Don’t really see how they keep Gordon and Deng and not go into luxury tax land next year?

5 Comments:

Blogger BenGo07 said...

Well, the contracts of both Kirk and Big Ben go down over the next two years, and I'm pretty sure Noce's deal is front-loaded as well. Whether that'll be enough to re-sign both Gordon and Deng without hitting the cap remains unclear, but keep in mind, that the Bulls don't have to extend them until after NEXT year. That means the Smith contract will be gone, Du will be gone, Krappy, etc. I think it'll be tough, but I'm hoping that Paxson isn't stupid enough to sign Noce for that large an amount, and then NOT be able to re-sign both Luol and Ben. If he is that stupid, then all of our discussions and chatter on this blog are pretty much moot, because that would mean this team will NEVER be able to contend.

12:11 PM  
Blogger BenGo07 said...

I should add, "so long as Paxson remains GM."

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know Sweets is gone, but what is the deal with Paxson giving him a tender offer, or whatever? Could someone explain this to me?

4:03 PM  
Blogger BenGo07 said...

I don't know for sure, but if the Bulls wanted to retain Sweets, they had the option of extended to him what is known as a "qualifying offer," which would've been some percentage higher than his previous year's salary. Since the Bulls chose not to do so, Sweets officially became a free agent.

At least, I think that's how it went down. I'm certainly happy to be corrected by those (many) more knowledgable than myself on this sort of thing.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Big Sweet said...

Don't worry guys. I'm right here.

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home